SAP IM Senior/ Training
Nivel de Inglés
Syntax is a leading Managed Cloud Provider for Mission Critical Enterprise Applications and has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1972. Syntax has undisputed strength to implement and manage ERP deployments (Oracle, SAP) in a secure and resilient private, public or hybrid cloud. With strong technical and functional consulting services, and world-class monitoring and automation, Syntax serves some of North America’s largest corporations across a diverse range of industries. Syntax has offices worldwide, and partners with Oracle, SAP, AWS, Microsoft, IBM and other global technology leaders.
This role will support the Customer SAP Process and deliver training to others final user, primarily by focusing business process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of SAP Inventory Management (MM-IM) technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
Requires high level understanding of organization’s business systems and industry requirements. Liaison with the business to document and create solution designs. Assists with the daily AMS operations and provides general administrative support to the outsourced customer.
May participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of SAP strategies, plans and projects.
Temporary contract of 8 months for a dedicated customer.
• Analyze and design the “to-be” business processes.
• Work with the business process team, client team to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements.
• Serve as functional experts of the module and processes in scope.
• Identify and define detailed product requirements and use cases.
• Set up and maintain the Requirements and Traceability deliverable.
• Work with the Project Manager, architects, and other team members to define metrics and performance goals for the application.
• Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the designers, developers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
• Assist in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
• Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the Verification and Validation Overview, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
• Serve as a resource for the change enablement team as they evaluate training and performance support needs and design the training and performance support products
• Experience as a trainer is a PLUS , able to trable within the mexican territory
Required Education and Experience
- Candidate must have at least 8+ years’ experience in handling implementation or functional support of SAP-Inventory Management (MM-IM) projects. In-depth analytical and project management skills. Preferably employees with 1-4 years’ experience
- Experience in implementing, customizing, and maintaining SAP module and sub-modules
- Experience to deliver Training to others final users in the specific MM module.
- Willingness to travel and work on-site in the Customer Indutries. Mexican states: Monterrey, Mexico City, Aguascalientes, Queretaro, Chihuahua, Ciudad Juarez, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP architecture.
- Experience in supporting end users post go live
- Industry experience: Prior Chemical and/Chemical Distribution industry experience as well as working in a warehouse environment is a PLUS
- Ability to quickly come up to speed to be able to train and support end users with minimal to no SAP experience
- Able to travel to locations within Mexico and spend up to 2 or more weeks at some of the locations mentioned above (following strict covid19 safety protocols )
- A sound knowledge of all Business Processes.
- Capability of communicating at all level of business.
- On-site communication and cooperation experience
- Team player.
- English fluent
- Full life cycle implementation and end-to-end implementation projects experience is a plus, but not required.
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language
• Excellent time management skills
• Good performance management skills including feedback techniques
• Strong organization and prioritization skills
• Effective in communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff and business concepts/requirements to technical staff.
• Ability to resolve problems with minimal management assistance, escalating when appropriate.
• Strong collaboration skills with remote stakeholders and teammates to support global business needs and ensuring enterprise alignment
What we offer
Working in a well-established and ambitious company.
Personal development opportunities