"DO TECH SHARE WEALTH"
Kueski is the largest online consumer lender in Mexico, that provides financial services for users who are ineligible for traditional bank loans.
Thanks to its technology and data analysis criteria, this company has positioned itself as a market leader.
In 2016, Adalberto Flores, CEO and Co-founder of Kueski, was recognized as Mexican Entrepreneur of the Year by Endeavor.
Tuesday Capital, Victory Park Capital, Sobrato Family, Angel Ventures Mexico, Rise Capital, Core Ventures Group, Ariel Poler, Pedro Aspe, Bismarck Lepe, Variv Capital, David Begler, Endeavor Catalyst, and Auria Capital are among the companies betting on this project.
What will you do:
- Responsible for maintaining any plan, documentation and backlog for these one or more technical domains
- Work with other Engineers to burn down the backlog of these domains
- Capable of owning technical design for projects of moderate complexity, and understands the tradeoffs in creating good software in their area
- Hold a depth knowledge in systems that enables them to debug those systems effectively without issues. In addition to writing consistently high quality code they are aware of industry best practices and trends, and have acquired at least one major skill outside of core coding such as monitoring, documentation, integration testing, visual design, performance optimization
- Responsible for complex tasks and complete them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary.
- Requires very little oversight beyond high-level direction; they can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their sub-tasks with relative ease
- Shows initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; they are able to identify and suggest areas of future work for themselves or their teams.
- Seek evidence to support their ideas and start
- to build cases for these ideas.
- End-to-end responsibility for projects of increasing complexity that encompass more than their own development.
- Contribute to the common code bases and standards for the team.
- Understand the business that their code supports and use this knowledge to influence their task prioritization.
- Assist in identifying and validating test cases and can identify regression risks in their features.
- Identify risks in code, features, and design, and communicate these to the appropriate parties.
- Senior Engineer is known outside of their core team as a technology leader.
- Participate extensively in code reviews, and mentor others via code reviews and pairing, as well as frequently presenting at team meetings. Work effectively with non-tech members of the Kueski family
- Identify problems with requirements and help their team course-correct around these issues.
- Scopes and executes medium to large projects involving multiple engineers.
- Debugs complex problems across the stack.
- Writes consistently high-quality code.
- Guides the development of common tools and libraries.
- Makes pragmatic design decisions; identifies risks, trade-offs, and alternative solutions to be considered.
- Delivered work consistently meets the bar for quality – validated in production with edge cases considered.
- Ships their work on time.
- Mindful of including others so that they can jointly participate in decision-making.
- Collaborates effectively with peers in product management, design/UX, and data.
- Builds relationships outside their direct team, including with business stakeholders.
- Sets an example for giving effective feedback.
Builds buy-in for technical decisions.
- Represents Kueski effectively in interviews with candidates.
- Builds network outside Kueski, can identify potential talent fit for Kueski.ç
- Demonstrates inclusive behavior.
- Mentors other engineers across the team.
- Documents their work and provides feedback to peers – e.g.: descriptive PRs, READMEs, entries to the wiki.
- Contributes to Kueski and broader tech community e.g.: Tech Talks, engineering events.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership across projects.
- 3+ years of proven work experience in software development.
- Strong Working knowledge in Object Oriented Programming in Java (preferred) or Kotlin.
- Extraordinary problem-solving skills & great programming skills.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum) & experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Have published one or more Android apps.
- Unit/ instrumented Testing experience.
- Solid Experience with MySQL databases or NoSQL databases.
- Outstanding software design skills (design patterns, concurrency and scalable architectures).
- Experience in architecture patterns: MVVM or MVP, different software development tools (i.e. VCS, debugging, troubleshooting and automation).
- Experience in the full software development cycle (requirements, programming, testing, integration, systems maintenance).
- Experience with Dependency injection.
- A positive disposition and a good attitude under pressure.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum) (Desirable).
- English Conversational.
- Experience with Kotlin, Rx, and Android architecture components.
- Prolific Open Source contribution history (a good Github profile).
Benefits and Perks:
- Working next to a world-class engineering and technical team.
- Possibility to make a direct positive impact on millions of people.
- Stock Options.
- Major medical insurance.
- Flexible work time, including working from home.
- 10 days of vacations. You decide when to take vacations. Hard work deserves a good rest.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks… food 24 hours.
- Nap room. (For those moments of nap time).
- Developer-creative oriented workspace.
- Pantry Vouchers
- Work with the funniest & awesome people in the world.
- 30 day Christmas Bonuses.
- No dress code but PLEASE, come dressed!.
- Law benefits.
International/National relocation covered by Kueski
"By submitting your application clicking the "Submit Application" button, you are accepting our Privacy Notice , available on: https://kueski.com/politicas "