Senior Controls Tester
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Chicago, IL
120 S LaSalle Street
Job Family Group:
Executes testing to provide insights and recommendations on test results, findings, identified issues, re-performance testing, and continuous improvement insights. It may execute testing, monitoring and operational activities of various complexity based on assigned portfolio ensuring adherences to established service levels and standards.
- Provides advice & counsel related to testing programs and recommends solutions to assigned business/group leaders as required.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Collaboratives with internal partners to advise on potential actions to close gaps identified, based on knowledge and experience gained in testing other areas with similar controls.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal partners to successfully implement any procedural changes resulting from testing and monitoring, observations or findings. Collects feedback to assess effectiveness of proposed changes.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Drives positive change in based on high quality work and thought leadership in the control testing approach including identifying ways in which to increase efficiency.
- Assesses and adapts current operational programs and develops new operational capabilities to ensure ongoing efficient & effective delivery.
- Manages the end-to-end test execution of designated programs.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service.
- Executes identified test programs for a variety of specializations to support effective testing & monitoring of controls within business groups and across the Bank.
- Understands the business/group strategy and develops and maintains knowledge of end to end processes.
- Executes testing activities and any other operational activities within required service level agreements or standards.
- Develops knowledge related to program and/or area of specialty.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external business partners/stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Participates in planning and implementation of operational programs and executes within required service level agreements and standards.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Executes various operational activities/requirements to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient service delivery.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Analyzes automated test results and provides initial feedback on test results.
- Analyzes root causes of any errors discovered to provide for effective communication of issues to appropriate parties.
- Develops insights and recommends continuous improvement insights based on test results.
- Creates and maintains adequate monitoring support documentation, such as narratives, flowcharts, process flows, testing summaries, etc. to support the results of the reviews, including the write up of findings/issues for reporting.
- Manages and resolves day-to-day issues related to internal processes and controls with business partners.
- Provides ongoing support to the continuous improvement process of the business unit.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 – 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services.
- Expert understanding of the business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of control frameworks and audit methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of process and/or project management.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.