Senior Front End Software Developer
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Maplewood, MN
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“Collaboration is key to personal and professional growth, and the way we work at 3M. Our data scientists, software engineers and materials scientists are passionate about working together to expand 3M’s digital technological capabilities that will help solve real-life problems for our customers and communities around the globe.” – David Frazee, technical director of the corporate research systems labs at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Sr. Front End Developer in 3M Corporate Research and System Lab, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Analyzing, designing, developing, and debugging software systems to deliver advanced prototypes
- Utilizing frameworks such as Angular and React, libraries such as Rxjs, Material, Https, Flex, Router, RESTful services and APIs to create responsive interfaces to support a variety of devices
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Building test suites to ensure application stability
- Leveraging the latest cloud services from AWS and Azure
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university and five (5) years of software development experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) and eight (8) years of software development experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Experience writing backend code for rest APIs
- Experience in translating UI/UX designs and consulting on technical feasibility
- Proficiency in additional programming languages such as Python, Java, C or other
- Experience developing with AWS and Azure cloud services
- Strong scientific and technical acumen, with demonstrated interest and ability to make connections between science/technology and real-world concerns
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.