Tipo de puesto
Empleado de tiempo completo
Here in Cognizant we always strive for the best results, reason as to why we look for the best people and also why we collaborate with them the same way.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer with 5 to 8 years of experience and an upper-intermediate level of English and Spanish to constantly communicate with offshore and onsite teams.
The person joining the team will be in charge of performing the following tasks:
• All tasks described here apply to the Switching/Routing/Security/Wireless and Collaboration
• Analyze new solutions to improve LATAM Networking environment, local in the Datacenters and across the entire region.
• Plan and design network components for Applications and Infrastructure Projects
• Create and maintain the appropriate documentation for the network, new projects and design changes.
• Define configurations standards for routers, protocols, security devices, switches, collaboration and other networking components.
• Participate on all systems engineering initiatives to provide the required networking input.
• Implement and configure equipment related to projects, upgrades and new technologies.
• Coordinate with the Datacenter operations coordinator all networking implementations in the Datacenters (Dallas and Miami).
• Define and periodic review of the Technological Roadmap for the Regional Networking infrastructure.
• Create, deploy and participate in Proof of Concept (PoC) initiatives.
• Work with the Security team in the assessment of security concern, review changes to be implemented and provide input/recommendations.
• As part of the Hand over procedure to IT Operations, the engineer should provide with documentation, implementation details and knowledge transfer regarding the solution.
-Cisco core experience (CCNP, CCIE and CCDP certifications or equivalent).
-In depth networking (OSI Layers) knowledge.
-IT security and standards control process knowledge.
-ITIL Certification desired.
We offer great salary, company benefits and a career path.
Technical SkillsSNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd. 1 Cisco PL4 Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency Level Generic Reference PL1 The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels. PL2 The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects. PL3 The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects. PL4 The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.