The Application Development Senior Manager leads a team, focusing on ensuring on-time and accurate of team goals. This role coordinates with other cross-functional teams to ensure delivery.
Also collaborates defining priorities and supervising the system development process, tracking the progress of the activities but also participates in the analysis, design and support of system solutions.
The Senior Manager will manage large teams that collaborate proactively to provide system solutions and support the enterprise applications and other integrated systems. The Senior Manger is responsible of providing good technical solutions for integrated systems, maintaining direct accountability for quality and uptime of complex application running on different platforms
- Manages a larger (10+) team or multiple teams in Application Development and ensures delivery for multiple segments of work
- Escalates risks and resolves issues to enable team delivery
- Responsible for leading a large team or multiple teams working in the analysis, design, implementation and support activities required to build a deliverable change based on a system requirement, ensuring the product meets the expected levels of quality and performance
- Coaching and mentoring managers to ensure the team’s solutions comply with good practices in coding and have unit testing coverage good enough
- Leads the efforts to increase the quality and robustness of the software products by promoting the implementation of software architecture best practices, innovative industry standards, and enterprise design patterns within the team
- Provides analysis and guide on execution of high risk and complex programming tasks where specialized technical skills and deep understanding of the software solution and hardware infrastructure are required.
- Excellent technical skills:
+Familiarity with front-end framework and backend development frameworks
+Solid understanding of Web applications, Web APIs, Web services and microservices development
+Software design patterns, OOP and software architecture.
+Relational database, document databases, ORM concepts
- 7+ years’ experience leading through the design, development, and release cycle
- 5+ years’ experience in working through design and architecture of complex application
- 4+ years’ experience managing direct reports
- 9+ years’ experience in application development or related field
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
Abilities and skills:
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and verbal/written communication (with both technical and non-technical audiences)
- Strong customer and results orientation
- Ability to architect and support localized international or global application implementations
- Ability to effectively manage different initiatives evaluating priorities and system impact