David Seijo (Headhunter Freelance)
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position entails working within teams to build out cutting edge software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Contribute actively to architecture, design & implementation discussions, demonstrating initiative.
- Design & Implement robust, scalable, high performance and low latency microservices
- Design & Implement scalable microservices for deployment using container technologies
- Demonstrate the initiative to explore alternative technologies and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Debug, troubleshoot, and improve live cloud-based applications
- Automate build, deployment, monitoring and upgrades
- Mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews and document design decisions
- Work closely with the team that follows the Agile software development lifecycle process
- Write clean testable code
- 6+ years of software design and development experience, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibilities and ownership of significant set of modules or applications.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
- Strong Knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, Scala
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Distributed Systems. Experience with AWS/Azure, Docker and container technologies is a solid plus.
- Experience with developing RESTful web APIs
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting of complex systems
- Has the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, tools and methodologies
- Has the ability to work independently in a project, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or Aurora
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, and/or Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with configuring and using CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of caching, queueing and big data technologies such as Redis, RabbitMQ & Kafka + Spark
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure and provisioning
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence engineering company creating advanced software solutions that go beyond conventional AI. Founded in 2014 with a legacy in space exploration, Beyond Limits is transforming proven technologies from Caltech and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory into advanced AI solutions, hardened to industrial strength, and put to work for forward-looking companies on earth. We leverage this unparalleled innovation portfolio, along with proprietary cognitive technologies, to help companies solve tough, complex, mission-critical problems and transform their business. We apply a unique hybrid approach to AI, combining numeric AI techniques like machine learning with higher order symbolic AI and expert human knowledge to deliver intuitive cognitive reasoning and information. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides explainable reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.