Senior Software Engineer Backend – Remote
Nivel de Inglés
Location : Remote – US
- The Docker Hub team develops and maintains the largest and most popular container registry service in the world today,
- Docker Hub. Millions of users – community developers, open-source projects, and Independent Software Vendors – push and pull Docker container images billions of times through Docker Hub.
- If you are an experienced BackEnd Software Engineer and want to play a critical role in the evolution of Docker Hub and Docker’s next chapter, then this role is for you.
- As a Senior Software Engineer in the Docker Hub team, you will build features around the container registry that operate reliably at a massive scale and deliver a differentiated experience for free and paid users of Docker Hub.
- You will develop microservices that offer new functionality to other services within Docker Hub’s service-oriented architecture besides enhancing existing services.
- You will be constantly seeking ways to improve the monitoring and reliability of the various Docker Hub services as well as CI/CD around the Docker Hub services to ensure we maintain a high level of quality with a fast pace of delivery.
- Finally, you should be passionate about how developers’ lives could be made easier, and about Docker’s role in that.
- Scale the world’s largest repository of container images
- Play an active role in product discussions, influence the roadmap and end user experience, take ownership and responsibility over new projects and features, and turn those ideas into reality
- Interact with other teams within Docker, as well as with upstream open source communities and our users
- Be ready to tackle high performance engineering challenges
- Participate in on-call rotations and improve reliability and availability of Docker Hub services
- Play an active role in improving the way Hub services are tested and deployed
- 5+ years experience building SaaS products with modern languages like Golang, Python or Java
- Understanding of the challenges of running a SaaS platform at global scale
- Good Written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely across time zones
- Solid API design skills (straightforward, unsurprising, defensible)
- Direct experience developing applications at web scale
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and languages, and to switch between them as necessary
- Follow good software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing
- Ability to work in a team with other developers and partnering with User Experience experts, Product Management and Operations team
- Experience with developing Microservices
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with modern monitoring and logging platforms
- Experience with database technologies and SQL