Senior Software Engineer, Linux BaseOS (Remote Available)
Nivel de Inglés
Location : Santa Clara,CA
Alternate Locations :
NVIDIA’s invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company.” We’re looking to grow our company, and build our teams with the smartest people in the world. Join us at the forefront of technological advancement.
What you’ll be doing:
NVIDIA BaseOS is the Linux distribution of the NVIDIA GPU based platforms deployed in AI, Data-Analytics, Autonomous vehicle industries. Your role as a BaseOS Engineer is to develop the Ubuntu and RHEL based OS image flavors across platforms.
Working closely with System/Software development teams to build common infrastructure for automation and use the latest industry standard tools!
What we need to see from you:
- BS or Masters in computer science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience
- Your excellent Python programming skills. Your expertise in coding is essential to your success in this role.
- Your familiarity with at least one major Linux distro (Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS) is required.
- Experience creating your own Debian or RPM package and repository is highly desireable.
- Knowledge of OS concepts such as filesystems, job scheduling, device drivers, storage, are required.
- Basic knowledge of tools deploying Virtualization, Containers, or Kubernetes technologies is preferred.
- Having written software in GitHub with exposure to opensource development life cycle is desired.
- Your experience with complex system-level debugging is invaluable.
- Excellent communication and planning skills.
Are you dedicated, upbeat and dynamic with excellent analytical ability? Are you a software engineer passionate and highly motivated about solving complex problems? If so, you may be a perfect fit for our group.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.