Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? We work with the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than 1 million online bookable listings and millions of travelers visiting our site per year.
As for engineering, we're looking for people capable to solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
Challenges you can work on:
- Work on mission critical components on a distributed microservice oriented architecture
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable services using CI/CD practices
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools
- Work with product management, and operations in an Agile environment
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
MUST - BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience using Java
- High quality software development skills principally in Java and Java WebServices frameworks like Dropwizard, Spring Boot or similar.
- Experience with streaming platforms & message brokers (Kafka desired, RabbitMQ or similar)
- Hands-on experience of CI/CD pipeline technologies (eg Jenkins)
- Experience on developing applications following microservices architecture
- Knowledge of database technologies (Relational like MySql, Oracle, SQLServer or noSql datastores like Cassandra or MongoDB)
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Excellent algorithmic and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple departments
- Excellent English communication skills
NICE TO HAVE - Fast learner
- Self taught
- Eager to learn top technologies and use the knowledge to tackle exciting challenges
- Knowledge of application performance monitoring tools like New Relic, Splunk, Datadog or similar is a plus
- Expertise with distributed systems is a plus
- Willingness to travel to the USA