What sets us apart from other logistics technology companies is our rich history in data! In 1988, Omnitracs (then Qualcomm) fundamentally changed the way fleets operate and we’re doing it again today. With over a million assets in over 70 countries, Omnitracs has a lot of data.
Omnitracs’ newly formed Innovations startup is innovating on this data to create new products - helping our customers not just survive, but thrive, in today’s complex transportation ecosystem. We are looking for an QDC Software Engineer to join our fast-paced Agile team in Mexico City.
The QDC Software Engineer Developer Senior will participate in the design, development and integration of new and innovative features into the SaaS application suite for real-time tracking of drivers' hours, more efficient fleet management, improved driver productivity and safety, increased reporting accuracy and improved compliance with government regulations.
• Defining and implementing software architectures for building and integrating new services, features and capabilities into the Omnitracs Application Platform.
• Work with Product Management and System Engineering to support the release planning and roadmap process
• Interact with diverse internal and customer technical and business teams to scope and define customer specific service and feature implementations.
• Effectively communicate technical proposal status and issue resolution with internal groups (engineering, product management, customer relations, finance, operations, etc.).
• Collaborate with internal engineering and integration and test teams to ensure that requirements are fully understood, and to ensure that actual development plans and work products meet those requirements.
• Coordinate with internal operations teams to ensure that developed features support the needs of the day-to-day operational teams.
• Work with internal integration and test teams to ensure that our systems are fully and successfully tested end to end
• Troubleshoot integration and deployment issues and develop alternative solutions, workarounds, triaging, etc. to resolve system issues.
Fluent English: B2+ or above (advanced).
o 4+ years of J2EE experience designing scalable, highly-available, fault-tolerant client-server systems
o Experience with message systems as Tibco, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, etc.
o fault-tolerant Microsoft-based client-server systems
o Experience deploying, supporting, and troubleshooting complex services and systems
o Good understanding of JMS
o Experience with relational databases like SQL Server, MS SQL Server a plus
o Extremely well versed in software design, implementation and test skills
o Strong software design skills related to object-oriented concepts and design patterns
o End-to-end system knowledge (including knowledge of various networking and OTA protocols)
o Experience with REST/SOAP Web services, XML, HTML
o Experience with UI technologies like Angular version 7+
o Hands on working experience doing technical documentation of development efforts using Confluence, JIRA, or other similar product documentation technology
o Experience in developing client/server architectures leveraging standard network communications protocols and practices.
o Competent with software installation and/or automated build technologies
Don't forget to apply! We have an great compensation package.