Senior Software Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is currently seeking Senior Software Engineers for roles in St. Louis, MO. At Boeing, our software engineers use their expertise to dream up next generation software capabilities for some amazing aerospace platforms. Join us and you will have the unique opportunity to develop real-time embedded software for the most sophisticated military aircraft in the world.
We have multiple openings in BDS for St. Louis and surrounding regions to support our aircraft, weapons, and engineering capabilities. These include the following:
- MQ-25 – the new autonomous tanker for the Navy
- T-7A – the next generation trainer for the Air Force
- F/A-18, EA-18G, F-15, F-22 – existing tactical fighter aircraft still in development with ongoing major upgrades
- JDAM, SLAM-ER, Harpoon – fielded weapons systems designed and manufactured at our St. Charles facility
- Engineering Capability Centers – specialized engineering for Platform Cybersecurity, Product Security, Flight Simulation, Radar Development, and Advanced Mission Systems. These Capability Centers support all programs.
Qualified Candidates may have an opportunity to choose a specific assignment. If selected for an interview, a candidate may specify preferred areas of interest.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Key responsibilities could include:
- Software Algorithm Development using advance Machine Learning techniques.
- Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, MatLab, Ada, or Linux.
- Working with customers and other engineers to define requirements, such as understanding and agreeing upon the function of the software system.
- Architecting and designing software to meet current and future requirements
- Implementing and testing software using a variety of technologies and software languages
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements :
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain US Security clearance (Post-Start) .
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Ability to obtain US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a technical field of study
Desired Qualifications/Experience :
- An active U.S. Security Clearance
- 5+ years of experience with C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, MatLab, or Linux
- 3+ years of experience with real-time embedded software development
- Experience working in Agile software development framework
- Familiar working with and/or developing software requirements/test methodology
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years’ related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required
Highly qualified candidates may be eligible for a signing bonus
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.