Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company.
- The SharePoint/Collaboration Engineer is responsible for the technical SharePoint, OneDrive, Prime Farm and other Collaboration technology infrastructure configuration and operations. This is a L4 technical position.
- Work with the L3 support organization to ensure all training, run book, service updates are up to date.
- Support all client-based projects for the design and change to client infrastructure and new technology.
- Be the Engineering Subject Matter Expert for SharePoint and Collaboration services.
- Understand customer business and participate meaningfully in the execution of change and continuous improvement plans.
- Pro-actively problem manage all customer issues through the proper escalation channels
- Ensure that SOW based service provisioning related reporting mechanisms are available. Support / Manage all reporting requirements for internal and client facing requirements.
- Responsible for Continuous Service Improvement
- Manage the SharePoint/Collaboration infrastructure health and security.
- Support the SOW service aspects towards the customer as necessary.
- The Sharepoint/Collaboration Engineering Lead will provide updates to the Service Delivery Manager and participate in regular reviews and meetings.
- Provide inputs and participate in Business Review meeting with the client
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, information systems or related field preferred
- Five or more years of Supporting SharePoint/Collaboration infrastructure and other IT solutions, projects, or programs
- ITIL Certified with five or more years of Service Delivery
- Experience working with the technology industry
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ Oracle. Experience of one or more full release cycles. Basic understanding of modern software development methodologies (Object).
- Basic understanding of modern software development tools and SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of Software Test methodologies, test scripting and testing tools.
- Understanding of Basic Database Administration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- Good relationship building skills