Software Developer – IBM MDM
Nivel de Inglés
The Software Engineer IV serves as a
technical consultant and lead to provide and support software applications that
meet or exceed business needs. The Software Engineer IV is expected to possess
strong technical expertise as well as strong leadership and mentoring skills.
The incumbent typically works on complex computer programs and defined segments
of highly complex programs. The Software Engineer IV is familiar with a variety
of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures; and performs most complex applications
development related tasks without guidance. The incumbent is a key contact for
Project Managers, advising on project sizing and estimation. The incumbent will
also direct the work of others and is expected to proactively contribute and
offer recommendations. May play the role of Subject Matter Expert in relation
to one or several applications.
identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business
and ideas that add value.
development of the application.
system designs should be consolidated or affected.
designs, high performance, and scalable code that will allow for easy
extension to future needs.
quality code metrics.
performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently
and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
driving resolution of these issues.
regarding status of technical tasks for self and team.
advisor for projects, providing advice on tools, process and design to
meetings and issue resolution, involving the right individuals.
development objectives are being met.
efficient solutions and products on schedule.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
- 7-10 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the development environment commensurate with the assigned area of responsibility preferred.
Expertise in IBM MDM (Master Data Management) tool for Analysis, Design, Development, Integration and Testing Master Data Management Services
Expertise on implementing MDM Batch (RMI), Online (SOAP/ Restful Web services), Messaging (JMS) Interfaces, Suspect Duplicate Processing using Probabilistic or Deterministic Matching Engines
Performed requirement analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interactions with process owners, stake holders, and designing , Coding , Testing , Debugging , Documentation and Implementation of Business Process Solutions
Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly & providing inputs to change control process
knowledge and implementation experience with Core Java, J2EE, JDBC, Servlets, JSP and EJB, XML, SOAP, XPath, WSDL, RMI, XSLT, JSON
Experience working with databases like Oracle , SQL and MySQL
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, design and develop systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead requirements gathering, design and development of complex systems.
- Ability to track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
- Effective team leader on diverse and different teams.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of proper architectural disciplines.
- Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Strong negotiation and/or influential skills.