We are based in San Francisco, CA and are opening a new office in Mexico City.
About the Role
The Connectivity team at our company is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead a new team responsible for improving our operating system that runs on all of our hardware platforms, and our automation. The team's responsibilities include reducing CPU and memory consumption, improving the management plane, implementing new customer features, and improving our automation. Unsurprisingly, this team's work is integral in delivering the entire product experience.
This is a small and lean team. This means you'll enjoy an outsized impact and the benefit of having many different responsibilities. All within a day you'll analyze stability of new features, request reproduction of a bug from QA, coach an engineer in a one on one, review a technical spec with the team, perform a code review, phone screen a candidate, prioritize incoming CX tickets, and collaborate with product on the feasibility of a new customer experience. This role has a little bit of everything which keeps it challenging and fun.
This role and new team will be based in Mexico City and will work extremely close with our company's headquarters located in San Francisco, California.
- Lead and coach a team of high performing engineers tasked with reducing resource consumption of our team.
- Collaborate closely with the three other Device software teams located at our company's headquarters in San Francisco, California.
- Empower the team to regularly deliver high impact customer features on tight timelines.
- Build detailed schedules and technical requirements from high level product descriptions.
- Communicate status in an understandable way to a wide range of audiences.
- Estimate delivery dates with confidence intervals based on the measured team velocity, remaining work, and projected new work.
- Identify, champion, and deliver the highest impact engineering investments that your team needs in order to continue to deliver in the long term.
- Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions and meticulous code reviews in Go, C, and Python.
- Analyze performance and stability data from our testing and production populations to catch regressions and validate new features.
- Manage headcount projections, recruiting, and continuous performance evaluations.
- Monitor, drive and facilitate individual growth of your teams individual contributors.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 2+ years people management experience or relevant leadership experience
- Passionate about developing and mentoring others
- Experience working across timezones as a remote office.
- Willing to travel every other month to San Francisco, California.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise especially with Linux, distributed systems, and internet technologies like DNS, IPv6, DHCP, firewalls, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Analytical – you want to see data and are capable of analyzing it. For instance, you are happy to build a confidence interval, run a t-test, or build out a model.
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Track record of shipping software on time
- Prior experience as a software developer and software development manager
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)