The position involves technical leadership, project management, and team leadership. A Software TDM interfaces with internal Product Owners and Team Scrum Masters to deliver a quality product. Software TDM’s support their software development teams to meet budget, quality and timing.
- Ensures process and product quality.
- Defines lower level sprints plans (draft) – typically 1-4 weeks sprints in consultation with PO aligning with overall project plan.
- Establishes teams with skilled resources cross functional enough to support sprint execution collectively as scrum team(s).
- Deploys and tracks optimal use of all development tools, versions and licenses required for programs.
- Leads 3rd party software supplier selection process by involving PO, SW Architects, DC, SMEs, Purchase and PDTL.
- Creates software supplier statement of work (SOW) and manages 3rd party supplier deliverables with support from SW Architects/DC and SMEs as required.
- Manages software budget and resource plan of scrum team aligning with project needs.
- Supports Scrum Master in clearing impediments when escalated.
- Involves Software Architect and / or Design Champion to make sure technical stories are defined that make user stories to be realized within the sprint.
- Utilizes strong technical knowledge and expertise in resolving technical issues
- Makes sure the scrum team achieves Story Acceptance Criteria, Sprint goals and Definition of Done.
- Ensures RTC Metrics Dashboards are up to date for stakeholders review.
- Tracks sprint progress and ensures the team stays on its course towards achieving sprint goals and DOD.
- Reviews defined metrics for appropriate corrective/preventive action.
- Reports out projects status and risk/issues status to the program team (PDTL, Program Managers and PSLs) in alignment with Product Owner.
- Supports Product Owners during program’s software quote.
- Assesses technical skill requirements and ensures that resources can meet those requirements by creating learning opportunities
- Sets and tracks objectives for team members in accordance with PLP guidelines
- Maintains team motivation and morale towards successful project deliveries
- Approves resource deployment in the projects
- Approves deviations in the SW Development process (if any)
- Review and approves the SW Release notes
The qualified applicant for this role will possess the following attributes:
YEARS EXPERIENCE : 7-10 years of software development experience minimum and a background in real time embedded systems with significant software project leadership experience
DEGREE STRONGLY PREFERRED: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
DESIRED COMPETENCIES/EXPERIENCE :
- 7-10+ years of experience in managing and leading embedded electronics SW development including exposure to multi-processor based SW development methods and challenges
- 3-5 years Exposure and understanding of SW architecture and design concepts, modelling approaches
- Clear understanding of System “V” and Agile SW processes and related software methodologies
- Experience in adapting agile software development methodologies to large scale or more traditional, requirements based software development efforts
- Good understanding and experience with configuration and defect management principles
- Experience with automotive embedded electronics products (hardware & software) preferred
- Experience in the development of embedded real time systems utilizing LINUX and Open Source Software in addition to operating systems such as QNX etc
- Good understanding of HMI and graphics rendering technologies
- Ability to influence both within the company, OEM’s and partners/suppliers.
- Good understanding of Functional safety standards such as ISO26262 and ASIL standards
- Experience in managing internationally distributed teams
- Customer focused and always prioritizes what the customer requires
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (local language & English)
- Ability to work in a global environment across different time zones
- Willingness to travel at short notice and for a reasonably large part of the job
- Willingness to work long/extra hours
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (i.e. Overtime, Travel, etc.): As required for the opportunity
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.