- 3+ years of
applicable Software Development experience
The position is for a Software Engineer II in a highly dynamic, exciting
and cooperative team working on a central component in the Omnitracs host.
The person in this position is responsible for playing a leading role on
a team focused on the development of software used in Software as a Service
(SaaS) applications. This person works in a team that analyzes, designs,
programs, debugs, and implements software enhancements. Using a variety of
tools such as Microsoft C# .Net and Java Development programming
languages and web technologies. That person will write code, complete
programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. That position
involves close work with program management, testing and customer service to
accompany the lifecycle of a feature from design to customer issues resolution.
Experience in object-oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and
unit testing is required. Knowledge of logical data modeling is desired.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
or equivalent experience.
- Support a process of translation of business
requirements to software implementation.
- Logical data modeling design and
- Object oriented design, coding,
performance tuning, and unit testing
- Development, modification, and implementation
of software applications/features according to product requirements using
the following tools/technologies:
- Microsoft C# (.net 4.0 framework and above
- Java 7, Java 8 Development
- REST/SOAP web services
- SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server Reporting
- Spring 3.0, Spring boot 2.0
- Perform proper unit testing and software code
standards (including automated unit testing)
- Familiar with source code control
systems/code version control software like Perforce, GitHub.
- Hands on experience with Eclipse IDE, Visual
- Familiarity with appropriate standards and
techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process and
applying them appropriately
- Participation in the testing process through
test review and analysis, and possibly support testing itself.
- Is self-directed and prioritizes workload
- Experienced in working with Agile practices
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
with various team members and/or other groups both internally and
- Able to work independently to develop new
skills as needed to support new products and applications
- Able to respond quickly to changing
- Able to work in a team and guide new or junior
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal
- Excellent teamwork skills