Software Engineer II
What sets us apart from other logistics technology companies is our rich history in data! In 1988, Omnitracs (then Qualcomm) fundamentally changed the way fleets operate and we’re doing it again today. With over a million assets in over 70 countries, Omnitracs has a lot of data.
Omnitracs’ newly formed Innovations startup is innovating on this data to create new products - helping our customers not just survive, but thrive, in today’s complex transportation ecosystem. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our fast-paced Agile team in Mexico City.
The Software Engineer is responsible for playing a role on a team focused on the development of software used in SaaS applications. This person analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements. Using .Net Development programming language and web technologies, will write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define systems requirements and/or necessary modifications. This person must be able to participate in software design discussions and guide the architecture of the solution based on good object oriented design concepts, and both industry standard patterns and Microsoft best practices.
- Translates business requirements to conceptual solution architecture and high-level project estimates.
- Develops, modifies, and implements Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications according to business requirements including: .Net development, Android Studio, Web services (REST/SOAP), MSSQL Server, PostgreSQL, OpenSource technologies.
- Logical data modeling design and implementation
- Object oriented design, coding, performance tuning, and unit testing
- Research, extraction and entry of complex data
- Reviews technical requirements to ensure compliance with business requirements
- Performs proper unit testing and software code written (including automated unit testing)
- Familiar with appropriate standards and techniques used during the Software Development Life Cycle process (SDLC, security) and applies them appropriately
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Participates in peer code reviews
- May work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externally
- Engages effectively in self-directed time management and prioritization of workload
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by management
- Experience in logical data modeling
- Fluent English: B2+ or above (advanced).
- 2 - 3 years of applicable Software Development experience
- Experience in .Net Development
- Experience in WCF (REST/SOAP) web services
- Experience in Database management system
- Knowledge of Open Source Technologies
- Familiar with using UML in document design
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- Approaches software development using industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with various team members and/or other groups both internally and externally
- Know how to effectively engage in self-directed time management and prioritization of workload
- Ability to work independently to develop new skills as needed to support new products and applications
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Possesses a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups
Don't forget to apply! We have an great compensation package.