Software Engineer II / Java Support
Lugar: Home Office Temporal
Nivel de Inglés
Toshiba is a provider of technology services for retail businesses to create high-quality digital platforms and products that accelerate time to market. Our diverse and adaptable teams provide the right mix of solutions and methodologies to deliver results as we collaborate with our clients' teams to foster innovation through continuous learning.
At Toshiba, all team members are empowered to take responsibility and develop innovative solutions to our customers' most challenging problems. To retain and develop top talent, we foster a work environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and enables multidisciplinary collaboration
Come join our Toshiba Software Support team !!!
We are responsible for resolving issues in our complex software stack for our global retail customers. Whether it’s bug fixes or providing other creative solutions, we are essential in maintaining world-wide revenue flow for top 25 retailers.
Every day, our team learns something new. If you are passionate about learning daily, this is the team to join. We are continuously exploring and building new support methodologies and techniques; enhancing our support processes; creating debugging tools; interacting with customers; and improving our team's soft and hard skills.
Your creativity and drive for positive changes is required, not just to propose solutions but also to take ownership of implementation. This could be in our internal Stack Overflow support instance, modifying or creating new Jenkins jobs, test automation, changing or adding new customer environments in our support infrastructure (virtualized or physical). We have a lot to do, and we are looking for great technical people like you to be part of a team that delivers outstanding support.
Responsibilities L3 Software Support Engineer:
- Respond to customer SW Support requests in a timely and accurate way, via our ticket system, phone, email.
- Analyze traces/customer logs to identify product bugs and their solutions.
- Define and implement SW bug fixes, perform unit testing.
- Attempt the recreation of customer issues on his/her local environments (virtual or physical).
- Update our internal/external databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers.
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with customers and team members.
- Keep customers informed about issues being worked/analyzed, providing frequent, and meaningful updates.
- Drive Software improvements upstream to development and test groups to reduce defects getting to the field.
- Engages with other functions and organizations to resolve issues (e.g., other products, services, HW/drivers, etc.).
- Contributes to efforts to optimize current processes, often collaborating with other groups within Support to improve day-to-day activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills :
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Solid ability to effectively prioritize work, juggling daily support responsibilities, responsiveness to customer.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid Problem Analysis and Solving Skills: solid ability to troubleshoot a complex issue down to potential contributing components, identify root case and solutions, ask for help as needed.
- Solid ability to work with customers or customer representatives and Product Management to understand defects business impacts and translate them into efficient response to customers.
- English fluent.
- Experience with Supporting and maintaining Cloud applications (SaaS, IPaaS, PaaS) is a plus.
- Agile Dev certification.
- Career plan and real growth opportunities
- Constant training, tutoring, online corporate courses, eLearning and more
- Pleasant work environment (game room, nap area, amenities and more).
- Flexible work hours and dress code
- Hired directly by Toshiba and 100% under payroll
- Benefits of the law (IMSS, INFONAVIT, December day voucher, vacation voucher)
- Major and Minor medical expenses insurance: Life, major medical expenses with dental and visual coverage. (For the employee and direct family members)
- Savings fund for employees, capped at the limit of the law
- Grocery coupons
- 12 days of vacation plus 6 floating days
- Relocation bonus
We offer competitive compensation and benefits focused on employees, their economic development and well-being as well as their professional development, taking care of the balance between their personal and work life, join us! and be part of our Thosiber team
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.