Tipo de puesto
Empleado de tiempo completo
If you enjoy solving challenging problems through technology and work efficiently as a team while being mindful of deadlines, WorldStrides has a place for you. We believe a successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and excellent problem-solving skills as well as exceptional time management skills to help handle multiple priorities on time.
WorldStrides is the largest accredited educational travel organization in the U.S. We have provided educational programs to over nine million students—elementary through graduate—since 1967. Our mission is to enrich students’ lives through educational travel and experiences. WorldStrides helps over 400,000 students travel to destinations in more than 100 countries each year.
As a software engineer, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Participate in all phases of development—from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing, and deployment of application software—across multiple systems on a fast-paced, agile development schedule.
· Work directly with other developers, project leads, and project stakeholders to understand and resolve concerns and clarify requirements.
· Respond to production issues by conducting root cause analysis to help identify the underlying problem.
· 2-4+ years of experience designing and developing software
· Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
· Experience with:
o Object-oriented programming and computer science foundations
o .NET Framework, Visual Studio, C#, WCF, Web API/REST Services, ASP.NET
o Software security best practices
o Relational database design and development
o Agile methodologies and tools
o Unit testing
o SiteCore or any content management system of equivalent industry standard
· Familiarity with:
o Current Web UI frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
Preferred Education and Certifications
· BS Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
Standard Department Member Responsibilities
· Support company policies and management decisions with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
· Seek out and participate in internal and external programs that facilitate personal and professional growth.
· Promote communication within the department, with other departments, and with management.