Software Quality Assurance Tester – Remote
Nivel de Inglés
Location : Remote – US
Managed Business Solutions is seeking a mid-level Software Quality Assurance Tester to join our internal development team in support of a long-term/multi-year development projects. The Software Quality Assurance Tester will help define test activity, test planning, develop test cases, provide defect reporting, perform regression testing, and document results. Related activities include performing integrated testing, functional testing, non-functional testing, regression testing, and performance testing. The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will also support User Acceptance Tests (UAT), evaluate software and associated documentation, and participate in formal and informal reviews. This is a telecommuting (virtual) role which will be working with federal clients and requires both a US citizenship and you must reside within the US.
- Define testing activities and test planning within a Microsoft .Net Agile development environment.
- Ensure manual and automated testing activity is aligned with software development in appropriate phases.
- Initiate and maintain required interactions with customers; participate, contribute, and solve issues as an active software development team member.
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities.
- Develop and maintain related application diagrams and documentation.
- Perform daily checks and up-time maintenance of all active test environments.
- Report status of testing activities and document application installation/configuration defects.
- Execute on all test cases and report defects, defining severity and priority for each defect.
- Perform regression testing when changes are made to the code to fix defects.
- Provide documentation of test results.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Five (5) years of Information Technology experience with three or more years of specialized experience in hands-on software testing and deployment of software applications in a production environment.
- Strong experience in software/applications testing using formal quality assurance techniques.
- Background with deployment and support of multi-tiered Microsoft applications using SQL Server.
- Understanding of automated testing tools as well as manual testing procedures including smoke/regression/integration and performance testing.
- Understanding of Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture processes.
- Experience with GIT and other source code management (SVN, CVS, TFS).
- Familiarity with commercial bug/defect management systems.
- Proven record of successful execution in cross-team collaborative IT environments.
- Possess strong documentation, communication, diagramming, and reporting skills.
- Will be subject to federal background investigation; must be able to obtain a low-level federal clearance without sponsorship.
- Previous public sector-government background – i.e., possess an understanding of federal guidelines, environments and operational policies is desired.
- Prior experience in services-based consulting environments highly preferred.
Environment (Working conditions, physical requirements):
- This position will require moving of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours will be 8 hours
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.