Tipo de puesto
Empleado de tiempo completo
We are a US based
insurance company looking for top talent to be employed through Centris
Information Services, our BPO in Monterrey, NL. For over 25 years we have
continued to provide our customers with engaging customer service and technology
that makes insurance easy to understand.
Our culture, values, and commitment to diversity define who we are and what we do.
We strive to provide a culture that is forward-thinking and inclusive.
We value providing affordable car insurance to every customer so they can enjoy the road ahead.
Requirements to apply:
·Must be fully fluent in the English Language.
· YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR RESUME/CV IN ENGLISH.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and support of critical Enterprise and Business databases. This includes ensuring stability and proper monitoring of these databases. This team plays a very active role in assisting and leveraging other infrastructure and development teams.
Must be available for 24x7 support for database support related issues as part of a team on-call rotation
What you will be doing:
· Primarily responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of application databases
· Assist with inventory management with complete oversight of database environment & health check to drive optimal technical utilization
· Provide operational support, database refresh and maintenance operations like backups, indexing
· Assist with migration or upgrade of application databases from one SQL version to the latest
· Ability to manage SSIS package deployment, SSRS reporting and SSAS cubes processing
· Disaster recovery, HA, Security, DB installs and troubleshooting
· Works with Architects and IT teams to help troubleshoot and resolve application problems
· Familiarity with Tomcat and IIS or similar platforms
· Responsible for taking on all aspects of the project release activities including testing, pre-release activities, application and service layers, database design and optimization
· Understanding of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) & SaaS (Software as a Service)
· Utilize monitoring tools like SolarWinds, DPA and App dynamics to monitor systems resources
· Review poorly designed queries that are affecting system performance
· Actively monitor and respond to tickets within defined SLA
· Assist with compliance audits and resolve security related issues to adhere to SOX/PII compliant structure
The ideal candidate will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline preferred, or equivalent experience in database support/systems administration
· Minimum of 5 years of hands-on technical experience with MS-SQL administration managing complex multi-terabyte environment
· MS SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, and Always on SQL Server Technology
· Operational experience with SQL databases handling refresh, permissions, performance tuning & security
· Experience with HA features like Always-On availability, Clustering, Mirroring, Replication, Log shipping etc.
· Extensive knowledge handling incident tickets, troubleshooting, security, OS patching and performance tuning in a multi-tiered environment
· Knowledge with other RDBMS systems, DB2 preferred
· Familiarity with PowerShell scripting, able to automate daily tasks
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Able to prioritize multiple tasks and quickly change focus to high priority items
· Able to plan and execute effective strategies that will lead to measurable business growth, significant expense reduction, or improved productivity
· Ability to evolve within a rapidly changing environment
· Experience summarizing and presenting findings and challenges to management
· Familiarity with diagnostic tools and performance optimization tuning
· Ability to effectively communicate and translate technical language to non-technical customers