Sr Principal Payload Assembly, Integration and Test Lead (AI&T) Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
This position and any subsequent offers made are contingent upon staffing award Would you like to be part of the new space movement?
Are you a rock star engineer?
Do you have the leadership gene?
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you.
In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail.
Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters.
Maybe you’ve even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe.
Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space.
Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space.
We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets.
Are you up to the challenge?
We’re looking for you.
We are seeking a Systems Engineering Center (SEC) Senior Principal Payload Assembly, Integration and Test Lead (AI&T) Engineer within the Space Systems (SS) Mission Area of Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space business.
The SEC Lead will help drive the successful execution of the SEC team on an Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Payload Program.
Responsibilities include interfacing with cross-functional product teams, sub-contractors program management, and functional managers as well as non-engineering organizations such as finance, operations, supply chain, contracts and mission assurance.
•A bility to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• 10 years engineering experience with at least 5 years working space hardware and/or bus systems engineering
• Experience supporting an EO/IR space projects and providing engineering technical leadership
• Experience in developing and executing system level interface, integration and test plans for space projects
• Experience with the requirements development and flow down process
• Experience in proposal development including creations of Basis-of-Estimates
• Experience in development of high reliability EO/IR space products
• Experience with the technical reviews (PDR, CDR etc) and approval of proposals
• Experience with system or subsystem level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
• Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company leadership
• Familiarity with cost and schedule management using a government approved Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Experience identifying engineering resources needed to get required engineering work product requirements done (people, processes, facilities & tools)
• Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
• Ability to access US only data systems Desired Skills:
• Testing activities such as radiometric, thermal, vibration and EMI testing
• Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices (e.g.
Dynamic, Vibration, EMI, Thermal Vacuum)
• EO/IR STE design, testing or operation
• Software integration and test, configuration management
• Working with operations staff, sub-contractors, team members and customers
• Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or line engineering management experience Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related discipline Desired Education: Master’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related discipline U.S.
Citizenship status is required as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S.
Security Clearance within one year of start date ideasinorbit 165221 Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: QA Lead, Location: Poolesville, MD