Descripción del empleo
This project, fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles, construction sites, film sets, and more. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it's needed. Our hardware includes an industrial IoT device with integrated sensors and onboard control systems. It is connected to a cloud-based analytics platform and remote-controlled through our customer-facing mobile and web apps.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating software to monitor and control electric vehicle charging, which performs both low level and high level tasks - from interacting with components in the car charger hardware, to understanding charging interfaces used by automotive industry, to integrating with public charge networks via Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) and more.
Our car charging systems utilize the OSGI framework using Java running on a Linux platform, plus various 3rd party components (e.g. BMS, DC-DC converters, meters, etc.), and more components running in the cloud. We write software to locally operate the car charger, communicate with cars and their owners, collect and analyze hundreds of metrics, and remotely manage deployed systems in the field.
You will report to the Director of Software, working with the Controls team to implement solutions as well as best practices, ensuring that the whole team can continue to deliver high-quality, safe, well-tested solutions within a fast-paced startup environment.
● Design and implement new features for our car chargers and cloud services
● Work on improvements to software/firmware build & test infrastructure
● Create documentation to assist manufacturing, QA, operations and partners
● Perform code reviews
● Mentor junior engineers Requirements
● Extensive experience writing large, complex client/server applications in Java.
● Strong in the software development process and automated testing techniques.
● Communicates very well - especially via writing & documentation.
● Some professional experience with hardware, embedded systems, and Linux.
Optional qualifications / pluses:
● Knowledge of power electronics, grid services, telecommunications
● Experience with CAN Bus standards
● Experience with Modbus protocol
● Experience with the OSGI framework
● Experience with Gradle and Groovy
● Experience with Python
● Knowledge of the CCS and/or CHAdeMO protocols Benefits
- 6 vacations days per year.
- Quarterly bonus.
- Remote work.