Descripción del empleo
We fundamentally change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles, construction sites, film sets, and more. We build mobile, battery-based energy storage systems that provide clean and quiet power anywhere it's needed. Our hardware includes an industrial IoT device with integrated sensors and onboard control systems. It is connected to a cloud-based analytics platform and remote-controlled through our customer-facing mobile and web apps. Freewire has secured major strategic investors for our Series A, is increasing product development cycles, and growing rapidly.
Our car charging systems utilize Java components running on an embedded Linux platform, plus some microcontrollers, and more components running in the cloud. We write software to locally operate the car charger, communicate with cars and their owners, collect and analyze hundreds of metrics, and remotely manage deployed systems in the field.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining user-facing features. This will require integrating the front-end features with back-end systems, you will work closely with Freewire’s backend engineers to test and validate. Code will be optimized for speed and scalability as well as reusability. Existing code in the future will be decomposed and rewritten
as our system architecture is improved.
You will report to the Software Development Manager, working with the Software team to implement solutions as well as best practices, ensuring that the whole team can continue to deliver high-quality, safe, well-tested solutions within a fast-paced startup environment.
● Design and implement new features for our car chargers and cloud services
● Work on improvements to software/firmware build & test infrastructure
● Create documentation to assist manufacturing, QA, operations and partners
● Perform code reviews Requirements
● Extensive experience writing large, complex client/server applications especially in Java.
● Communicates very well - especially via writing & documentation.
● Strong in software development process and automated testing techniques.
● Some professional experience with hardware, embedded systems and Linux.
● UI/UX design experience.
HTML, CSS, jQuery, Babel, Webpack, AWS, RDS, Elasticsearch, Kibana, S3,
Appium, Java, Bash, Python, Ruby.
● Git, Jira.
● Unit Test and Integration test experience.
Optional qualifications / pluses:
● Knowledge of power electronics, grid services, telecommunications.
● Background including network security, automation, DevOps.
● UI design experience for Touchscreen Displays.
● Mobile apps – iOS and Android. Benefits
- 6 vacations days per year.
- Quarterly bonus.
- Remote work.