The successful Senior SQL Server Database Administrator candidate must be a professional with proven experience on database administration skills on Microsoft SQL Server environment. The candidate should have strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills. The candidate should have an ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts within the team, and able to work individually or as part of a team to achieve project goals.
About the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server management (2012, 2016).
- Support and manage all production and non-production SQL databases and servers for Microsoft database platforms.
- Ensure availability of existing SQL instances by designing highly available systems available from multiple data centers
- Monitor, tune, and manage scheduled batch jobs, backups, processes, alerts and database storage needs in line with standard change management control procedures.
- Work well in a team environment within the database administration team along with other functional and technical teams to support new solutions required to support the business.
- Provide regular reports on performance and stability of database instances; identifying areas of concern and providing proactive remediation to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Document, develop, and validate all changes to the environment.
- Work outside of regular business hours as required for project or operational work.
- Windows OS configuration and troubleshooting skills including thorough understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy with the ability to follow best practices for deployment and troubleshoot issues in both areas.
- Regularly validate all SQL production and non-production backup rotation—differential and full—complete successfully.
- Ensure table indexes are maintained and optimized.
- Respond to end-user email requests.
- Process any Service Desk tickets related to SQL server or databases.
- Regularly update all documentation of production and non-production SQL instances.
- Proven experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016 database engine administration.
- Proven experience with managing SAP backend SQL Server databases; should know best practices working in an SAP shop and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proven experience working with terabytes of data.
- Proven experience with SQL Server High Availability solutions—AlwaysOn availability group, replications, and log shipping.
- T-SQL scripting and coding experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Execute performance tuning through index maintenance and execution plans optimization.
- Regularly review SQL server security and object permissions.
- Help to troubleshoot any performance, resource, or connectivity related issues.
- Initiate extended events capture to discern bottleneck areas.
- Regularly run diagnostic queries.
- Work with the backup team to ensure database backup rotation is working. Partner with the backup team to address any database restore request.
- Participate in weekend project go-lives.
- The possibility to work in exciting and challenging industry
- To develop you professionally and to expand your knowledge through cross-functional collaboration and training experiences
Our associates are a strategic advantage for us who are making a difference at Littelfuse. Join our team and make a difference every day!