Sr. Systems Engineer
Nivel de Inglés
Location: Temecula, CACompany Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.Department Overview
The Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as 9-1-1 Call Handling, Computer-Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems, and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.Job Description
The role of the NextGen Core Services Systems Engineer is to design and implement transport networks that connect Next Generation 911 call traffic between Originating Service Providers (OSP’s), through our Vesta Core Router Solution and to Public Safety Answering Points. This includes configuration planning of IT, Transport, and network system interfaces.This position also assists in maintaining, monitoring and managing the deployed network. The Network Engineer positively impacts the integration processes, including requirements gathering, solution definition, implementation planning, and execution.
- Plans, research, and evaluate designs using third party products, carrier backhaul, and microwave solutions to create solutions for Emergency Service IP Networks (Esinet) solutions for PSAP to Data Center interconnectivity.
- Prepare detailed specification, configuration and documentation from high and low level IP network designs.
- Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Develops alternative routing scenarios and changes in required sequence of network activities.
- Develop and execute acceptance test plans with emphasis on IP network.
- Provide solutions for unique environments that may require Layer 2 or Layer 3 functions including OSPF, BGP, VRRP, QoS, ACLs, NAT, and DNS solutions.
- Develop Configuration templates for third party products that include switching, routing, DNS, Firewall, and Load balancing functions.
- Provide hands on experience to deploy transport equipment in Data Center and on premise customer environments.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives with Product and Deployment organizations to improve quality and efficiency of the NextGen Core Services Network Designs.
- Create and execute acceptance test plans with emphasis on Transport.
- Mentor Staff and junior staff in design and deployment areas.
- Own issues and exceptions and works them through to resolution.
- Produce transparent written and verbal communications.
- Prioritize time and financial spend to maximize spend / risk reduction return.
- Ensure expectations for delivery or resolution are met and communicated transparently to clients, both internal and external.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, software engineering (or related degree) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years equivalent work experience in a Network Engineer role – preferred
- Certifications in routing, switching, & network security desired
- In depth knowledge of networking protocols, system calls, TCP/IP stack, and OSI model.
- Strong knowledge in Networking Protocols
- Advanced level of knowledge of incident response, detection and prevention.
- Proven track record of exhibiting strong judgement and adherence to ethical standards.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical abilities and ability to deliver high performance.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Ability to work productively with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to provide effective mentoring to increase the skill level of personnel.
- Ability to work the required hours to ensure delivery of services and meet deadlines.
- On call rotation is a requirement of this position.
- Experience supporting complex end-to-end network solutions in a Mission Critical environment.
- A working knowledge of routing and switching protocols and network security standards.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration.
- Understanding of systems integration processes, requirements gathering, and software deployment.
- Hands on experience with design and implementation of Transport equipment including Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, Switches, and Routers. Functional experience using STP, DHCP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, QoS, VXLAN, ACLs, NAT, SAN, CGNAT, MPLS, VRFs.
- Experience with KVM, Docker, Openstack, Linux, Windows Server, VMware ESXi, Red Hat, Active Directory, Network Policy, and Powershell a plus.
- Experience with Container Orchestration and Azure Container Instances a plus.
- Ability to understand and articulate details associated with existing customer networks and create customer specific procedures to integrate.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced organization with aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, maintaining accountability to management.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, software engineering (or related field)
- 5+ years of systems or network engineering experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position.
ExperiencedReferral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.