Key Relationships: Advises operations staff on application development considerations when designing and proposing solutions to business problems by acting as a liaison between operations staff and application development staff.
• Manages day-to-day operations of web-based applications, monitors system performance, and ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Develops disaster recovery measures and backups and provides essential resolution of all requests, issues, and problems.
• Serves as a project leader for complex projects involving web servers and applications servers.
• Serves as technical expert providing senior-level technical responsibilities for developing, building, installing, and configuring IT solutions, implementing reusable components, translating technical requirements, assisting with all stages of test data, developing interface stubs and simulators, and performs script maintenance and updates on virtualized servers.
• Documents, develops, and updates processes, procedures, and best practices to align with industry standards and customer needs.
• Leads the design, deployment, and support of infrastructure systems.
• Monitors tests and implements automated services and scripts for continuous monitoring and testing of all parts of the system, including monitoring for malicious scripts, attacks, and other threats such as DDOS.
• Serves as in-house expert for complex application integration between numerous systems internal to the DOE, utilizing various protocols and APIs, including SAML, SSO, REST, XML, JSON, web services, and more traditional file-based integration procedures.
• Develops system tools and utilities (scripts, etc.) to simplify and support IT and business operations.
• Builds and configures automated deployment mechanisms through the use of configuration management technology (e.g. continuous integration, Ansible, Docker, GIT), deploys new modules and upgrades, and completes fixes within the production environment. Creates modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
• Performs routine application maintenance utilizing a strategy-building technique and creates requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance. Troubleshoots existing information systems for complex error detection and resolution.