Technical Product Management
$ 60,000 a 70,000
Nivel de Inglés
“HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and where their opinions count. We want to build a culture where our employees are comfortable in bringing their whole self to work, regardless of gender, age, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, religious belief, background, and any other aspect of personal difference.”
"HSBC employees are commited to act with corageous integrity and standing firm for what is right. We are reliable, open to different ideas and cultures and connected with customers, community, regulators and with each other."
Technical Product Management
Product Management job is accountable for enabling the technical development
and run-time operation of products and services within a Product Group or a set
of development teams.Is accountable for the line of business relationship
management and liaise across Heads of Business Service to manage the
relationship within region
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
• Ability to work effectively cross lines of business, vendors, providers, consultants, Executive/Senior Management, and other functions/governance/steering committees.
• Works collaboratively and communicates persuasively, emphasizing teamwork, diversity, and knowledge-sharing both within HSBC.
• Promote sharing of best-practices whilst adopting a collaborative management approach to enhance employee engagement.
• Strong team-playing ability and being a positive cultural catalyst within the organization
• Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
• Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
• Ensures professional standards of business conduct, consistent with HSBC’s reputation.
• Work with Product Owners and DevOps teams and responsible for the delivery, on-going success & continuous improvement of a discrete set of products or business services, or shared products/platforms/environments that are used/consumed by other DevOps Teams
• Accountable for ensuring compliance of the products and services with mandatory and regulatory requirements, control objectives in the risk and control framework and technical currency (in line with published standards and guidelines) and, with the architecture function, implementation of the business imperatives
• Accountable for ensuring that all activities performed by teams adhere to the relevant prevailing data standards and data controls
• Work with the product owner to ensure that work is de-constructed and translated into development activities across teams
• Accountable for ensuring that all activities performed by Teams adhere to the relevant Service Management Standards, and high data quality exists in Service Management systems of record
• Work with product owner & team to ensure that the lead time to deploy changes is continuously improving and benchmarks appropriately across other functions within the DevOps team
• Work with product owner & team to ensure that high levels of automation are implemented and maintained across the teams
• Work with product owner & team to ensure that service levels are maintained and improved
• Ensure the cost base for the products and services is managed in line with controls applied by the Head of Product Technology and associated Chief Information Officer (CIO) function
• Participate as part of the DevOps leadership team in ensuring consistent process and practice is maintained across the DevOps team
• Accountable for ensuring that test strategies across DevOps activities are in place across teams for the products they support
• Ensure that the product test strategy includes Test automation, Test Data and Environments – including virtual services
• Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data
• Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
• Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are met for all the software solutions delivered.
• Manage a team, with accountability for the performance of the team activities and focuses on continuous improvement of the performance of the team from a productivity, service, quality, training and effectiveness perspective.
• Could manage onshore/offshore teams.
• Removing impediments for the team and shield them from interruptions, act as a coach to the team, Product Owner and wider organization to help them continually improve, and facilitates the delivery of work and where appropriate.
• Accountable for ensuring products and services maintain compliance with mandatory and regulatory requirements and control objectives within the risk and controls framework.
• Accountable for the operational stability, integrity and availability of products and services supported by the team.
Knowledge & Experience
· Good understanding of our businesses, regions and applicable laws and regulations
· Formal Education and degree in IT, Information systems or IT Management or similar
· Excellent knowledge of Digital Services in financial environment
· General understanding of IT software, hardware, networks and operations
· Good project execution experience and analytical skills.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports and communications to internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships and communicate on complex issues with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
· Programming experience to be able to effectively apply and guide in Development and Delivery.
· Knowledge about software development tools and Integration Technologies.
· Experience in supporting Agile and DevOps menthodologies.
· Familiarity with security controls around evolving technologies such as cloud, mobile, social, open-banking,
· Good understanding of banking and security in context of wider industry trends and direction.
· Proven management skills and experience in various roles (e.g. technology and business) leading dynamic organization
· Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
· Experience working in a team environment using appropriate communication and planning skills, preferably in a matrix functional environment
· Strong analytical skills to understand and use metrics to draw conclusions
· Solid partner/stakeholder interaction – customer oriented.
· Ability to deal with conflicting situations with success – negotiation skills.
· Ability to make recommendations based on both subjective and objective information – consulting skills.
· Ability to work effectively cross lines of business, vendors, providers, consultants, Executive/Senior Management, and other functions/governance/steering committees
Promote sharing of best-practices whilst adopting a collaborative management approach to enhance employee engagement.
· Managing and leading people to archive organizational objectives / Strong customer experience focus
· Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.