Introduction to Stori.
Stori is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial technology company that is empowering consumers in Latin America with access to digital financial services. Stori currently operates in Mexico and has a global team with offices in Arlington Virginia (U.S.A), Mexico City, and China. We are quickly becoming a leading digital bank for the financially underserved population in Latin America.
Stori is one of the top-funded startups in the region with $50 million raised to date. We are backed by a set of high-profile global venture capital funds who have deep consumer fintech experience and whose success stories include Affirm, Ant Financial, Snapchat and WeBank. Stori is powered by the collective experience and expertise of our team. Together, we bring 100+ years of accumulated experience in consumer finance, banking and technology across Mastercard, Intel, Capital One, Morgan Stanley, GE Money, HSBC and Compartamos in Mexico and globally.
At Stori, we are an inclusive group that welcomes diversity of background, experience and thinking. We are passionate about our mission and take pride in the products we build. We support each other, have fun together, and are constantly learning from each other through our innovative work. At Stori we have built a collaborative environment and focus on providing opportunities for growth.
Description of the position.
Software Engineers design and write code to solve customer problems and innovate Stori’s technology to support growth
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, product managers, analysts, and UI/UX to solve problems and design and implement new features
- Design & develop RESTful APIs that integrate with Stori and third-party software
- Improve backend batch and stream processing software to support future growth and new use cases
- Socialize software designs to get feedback
- Monitor production code in Grafana and resolve issues with your team
3.1 Should Have
- Experience developing backend software like RESTful APIs, batch processing and data pipelines
- Practical experience with SQL and/or NoSQL database including connection management and data model design
- Strong software engineering practices like unit testing, PR reviews, design documentation and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Self-organized and self-motivated. Resilient in the face of obstacles
- Works well in a team. Seeks to support other tech and non-tech team members
- Ownership of the team’s goals and work. Committed to get the work done.
Comfortable writing & speaking English