In this role, you will use your strong visual and interaction design skills to create the ultimate mobile-friendly, a highly responsive user interface for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets: including but not limited to overall navigation, look and feel, UI components, style guide, design patterns and setting overall design direction for Insulet’s award-winning OmniPod products and other drug delivery solutions.
We’re looking for someone who wants to use design to change the face of diabetes; someone who can innovate and translate a high-level vision into compelling digital experiences. If you are a creative thinker and team player with experience delivering world-class look and feel for mobile user experiences, we want you.
- Define the user experience of our mobile digital products and applications by developing user interface wireframes, page / task flow analysis, concept mapping, site mapping, navigation, and information architecture flows, UI designs and proofs-of-concept that engage and delight the end-user.
- Expert collaborator in an Agile environment with software developers.
- Collaborate with user researchers to validate and test your ideas with end-users.
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to deliver compelling designs that satisfy user goals and create a cohesive user experience across apps.
- Make user experience design recommendations based on usability standards and industry best practices.
- Contribute to the corporate UX design standards and framework.
- Successfully present your designs to a cross functional product team to elicit constructive feedback and actively participate in others’ design reviews.
- Evangelize the role of user experience design across the company.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Visual Design, Graphics Design, HCI, Interaction Design or related discipline required.
- At least 5 years’ experience designing for mobile and high technology-centered companies; preferably the medical devices industry. Preference for Android platform expertise.
- Expert in common design tools such as Sketch App, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, JIRA, Aha, Zeplin, Overflow, MS Office, Visio, etc.
- Strong technical expertise and ability to understand software platforms
- Strong understanding of designing for both iOS and Android equally and the complexities of designing for both.
Skills and Competencies Solid visual and complex interaction design skills. Portfolio required
Proven ability to successfully design for and work in an Agile development environment with software development teams.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others across the organization.
Fluent in usability standards and design heuristics and responsive design techniques. Familiarity with user-centered research, such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews.
Embody the work ethic and personality that thrives in a fast-paced culture with tight deadlines, shifting priorities, and working with super-smart colleagues from numerous departments and locations.