SENIOR DBA ENGINEERPROJECT DESCRIPTION
If you're interested in working with extraordinary people and real professionals in one of the largest IT Service Companies, join Luxoft (12,000+ employees around the world), http://www.luxoft.com. We are looking for a candidate for one of our clients. As a travel provider laser-focused on low prices, we're growing faster than ever. At this project, we mix creativity, analytics, and a casual (albeit driven) environment in order to get new products and services to market quickly.
• Design, engineer and support highly available, reliable and scalable databases to support Business and IT projects for e-commerce, data warehouse and oracle applications databases.
• Maintain and manage multi-terabytes of Oracle 11, 12 and Oracle Exadata v5 databases.
• Support load testing and system testing from DB perspective and refresh test DB environments for on-going monthly releases.
• Support and deploy DB changes on databases for on-going releases.
• Plan and upgrade databases to major releases and apply patches on an on-going basis.
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Capacity planning and management for DB storage, CPU and memory.
• Perform database administration tasks including creating and configuring databases, tablespaces, DB objects, automation of routine tasks and DB health monitoring using shell scripts and Oracle Grid Control, space management, RMAN backup and recovery.
• Support users, tune and troubleshoot SQL and database performance issues.
• Effectively manage projects as necessary.
• Expert understanding of Oracle 11/12 internals, ASM and RAC.
• Sound understanding of relational database concepts, OLTP and DSS systems.
• Proficient in SQL and DB tuning, table partitioning, table data compression, parallelizing queries and oracle resource manager.
• Experience in installing, creating and configuring Oracle databases for OLTP and DSS systems.
• Extensive work experience in performing backup and recovery using RMAN and conventional method, data pump, export & import and SQL Loader.
• Experience in upgrading mission critical databases of several terabytes in size.
• Solid SQL and PL/SQL programming skills. Ability to write shell or perl scripts to automate tasks.
• Knowledgeable use of monitoring and troubleshooting utilities like AWR reports, ADDM, ASH and Oracle Grid Control to effectively diagnose problems and offer solutions.
• Experience with data replication tools, preferably Shareplex and Golden Gate and clustering software, preferably Veritas and RAC.
• Experience installing, upgrading and managing Oracle Financial Applications (preferably R12).
• Ability to quickly drive problems and issues to resolution and handle multiple complex issues or processes simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, customer service skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
• 4+ years experience in designing, engineering and supporting mission critical, multi-terabyte OLTP and DSS databases on Unix (preferably Solaris and Oracle Linux).
• 7+ years experience with relevant technologies and with implementing, administering, and supporting production databases.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT work experience.
• Experience on Oracle Exadata v5 is a plus.
• Oracle certification a plus.