Senior Data Engineer
Nearshore Technology is a high-tech outsourcing company providing IT services to Fortune 1000 companies with a focus in Healthcare, Financial Services and Technology. Nearshore is headquartered in the US with growing offices in Mexico. Our goal is to provide high quality IT services with exceptional customer service to our clients while creating a fun environment to work in. Nearshore is passionate about what we do, and we are looking for people that share that passion.
Come work for a fun company with great opportunity for growth and training. We know our employees are our most asset and we look forward to adding you to the team.
What will be your main responsibilities & activities?
- Work closely with fellow engineers and team leads to architect data storage, flow and lifecycle.
- Design and implement simple but powerful data models.
- Deliver high quality, maintainable data-oriented code and configuration to ensure consistency, durability, availability and accessibility of our research, engineering, and manufacturing datasets.
- Plan and collaboratively execute multi-step data migrations to minimize downtime.
- Evangelize and apply infrastructure-as-code practices to ensure consistency across development, test and production environments.
- Solicit and participate in rigorous learning-focused code review.
- With colleagues in Data Systems, triage incoming requests from our stakeholders and prioritize ongoing development.
- With colleagues in Data Systems, respond as needed to understand, mitigate, correct and prevent operational incidents.
What skills do you need?
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A B.S. or higher in computer science, engineering, math or physical sciences.
- 5+ years of hands-on data and software engineering.
- Hands-on approach. You will be actively engaged in design and development of data handling and storage for software applications.
- Systems-level thinking. You will approach your work holistically, and the quality of your solutions shows your careful consideration of all aspects of each problem.
- Skills and experience implementing relational, document-oriented and key-value storage architectures.
- Experience with Python, C#, SCADA/PLC time-series data, laboratory measurement-generated datasets, and/or software that interacts with the physical world.
- Experience with scientific operations management, manufacturing execution, and/or enterprise resource planning.
· Relocation Package
· Permanent - Full Time Job
· Work from Mon through Fri. WE LEAVE EARLY ON FRIDAYS!
· Upper MX Law Benefits including Medical Insurance with Dental Discounts
· 100% Payroll scheme
· Career Path
· Cool offices and a collaborative environment
· American Company culture
· Health & Wellness program for employees
Bases de Datos Relacionales