- Java Web application design and development
- Implementation and testing procedures, modules and related code using best practices
- Supporting, updating and enhancing web applications
- Creating and implementing code documentation to support development
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Biology, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years industry experience designing and developing interactive scientific or e-commerce web solutions
- Excellent communication / documentation skills
- Clear understanding of client-server functionality and Web browser technology
- Experience with Java technologies including Java 6/7/8, Struts 2, Tiles, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, JSTL, Web services(REST/SOAP), JAXB, Ehcache, Maven, Tomcat server
- Experience with using tools such as Eclipse IDE, Git, Oracle Developer, Selenium QC, HPALM, etc.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc) and working with data formats like XML or JSON.
- Experience with JUnit test creation
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with Test Case Automation and developing for Automation dashboards
- Experience working in Agile Scrum environment.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills using latest tools.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Multi-tasking with good follow through skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work alone and accomplish tasks without supervision
- AWS Cloud experience
- Experience with Microservices development
- Experience with Search Concepts, Search Engines, and SEO a plus.
- Some working knowledge of systems and network administration in Linux and Windows, and be able to get around server using command line to perform common tasks.
- Experience with other languages such as PHP, Perl, Ruby and Python a plus
- Experience with Linux programming or administration a plus.
- Life Sciences and Bioinformatics preferred but no required