Amdocs somos una empresa del giro de IT, enfocada al giro de telecomunicaciones, con 35 años en el mercado, presencia a nivel internacional en diferentes países como Estados Unidos, Canadá, China, Israel, India, España, Brazil, Chile, etc., con mas de 25,000 empleados alrededor del mundo y mas de 500 en México.
Actualmente estamos buscando un: Software Development Manager
Who are we?
If you're a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Manage and lead design, development, and maintenance projects. Accountable for software development and/or maintenance to meet the Scope, Quality, Time, and Budget. Responsible for Team and People management (professional and personal care aspects). Manage all relevant stakeholder expectations and relationships and provide visibility for the project(s) status regularly.
What will your job look like?
- Development Management - Setup and drive software engineering lifecycle of a project. Accountable for software development and/or maintenance project planning, execution, monitoring, risk management, resolution of issues, and achievement of the targets set for the project such as delivery of the scope within agreed quality, time, budget, and other agreed KPIs/SLAs. Monitor progress and predict risks (quality, timeline, and budget) as needed and implement necessary mitigations which lead to meeting the KPI to GA, Production, or Stable business as usual. Prioritize of activities (self, team, external). Understand and implement Amdocs development processes. Determine, drive, and monitor internal processes (reuse of software, etc.) within the team.
- People Management - Attract, develop, and retain talent to build and maintain strong, effective, and competent teams and build their knowledge. Structure the group in a way that is best-suited to the product/service development and maximize efficiency. Coach and empower the team. Foster an environment that encourages team work, with motivation and inspiration. Responsible for HR processes such as recruitment, onboarding, setting clear goals and objectives, ongoing performance management and feedback, development, and growth of team and team members. Manage day to day employee relations.
- Technical Leadership - Lead the team to resolve technical challenges. Lead unit level initiatives to build technical competency to meet the needs of the team or unit.
- Quality - Accountable for meeting quality objectives. Accountable for team following best software engineering practices (Wisecode), quality processes (CMMi, etc.), and methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.). Lead continuous improvement via Root Cause Analysis, Lesson Learnt, and Prevention processes. Track quality KPIs and continuously improve quality and measurements.
- Communication - Promote clarity and alignment with ongoing, effective communication (up, down, and laterally) to the project team regarding the unit goals and status, project matters, company wide changes, special initiative status, etc. Strive for strong and healthy working relationships with the team.
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement - Promote and instill a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency to the software/business processes through out-of-the-box thinking on product and processes and by utilizing or creating new software engineering tools and different innovation techniques. Promote and encourage risk taking and challenge the norm. Accept and learn from trial and error and best practices.
- Business Value - Efficiently manage the key partner (customer representatives - BU/PdM/PDO, CSU, etc.) relationships and communication to ensure software delivery is aligned to meet not only the customer requirements, but also adds value to their business.
- Change Management - As a company advocate, work with project teams to understand the need for change. Plan, communicate, and execute desired changes.
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in SW Engineering role.
- Significant proficiency/in-depth knowledge in the domain (technology and/or products).
- Previous experience in leading engineers through project lifecycle.
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies, principles, and procedures and related software management tools and/or support and maintenance of software and services.
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a few development teams & projects
- You will join a strong team with lots of activities, technologies, business challenges and a progression path
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies