Amdocs somos una empresa del giro de IT, enfocada al giro de telecomunicaciones, con 35 años en el mercado, presencia a nivel internacional en diferentes países como Estados Unidos, Canadá, China, Israel, India, España, Brazil, Chile, etc., con mas de 25,000 empleados alrededor del mundo y mas de 500 en México.
Actualmente estamos buscando un: Software Support Engineer (Middleware)
Who are we?
If you're a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Responsible for providing best-in-class technical support to a global customer base. Maintains ownership for the resolution of complex technical problems, including debugging, simulations, locating bugs, tool and script development for problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and reproduction. Engineers are responsible for providing resolution to issues within the parameters of contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
What will your job look like?
- Engineering - Provides engineering expertise to troubleshoot, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations to ensure the product/solution performs within optimal design specifications. Adheres to Amdocs change management processes. Ensures that the solution is maintainable, scalable and supportable. Designs, develops and maintains tools/automations to assist in troubleshooting, debugging and support.
- Investigation - Investigates, debugs and reproduces issues, provides fixes and workarounds and verifies changes to ensure continued operability of the software solution. Highlights risks and helps in mitigating the risk from technical aspects.
- Analysis- Anaylzes production issues from business and the application/code perspective and outlines corrective actions. Performs impact assessments of the issues and contributes to the Root Cause Analysis of critical issues.
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement - Introduces continuous improvements and increased efficiency to the software or business processes by utilizing Software Engineering tools, innovative techniques and the reuse of existing solutions. Applies automation to minimize complexity, reduce time to response, etc.
- Quality and SLAs - Contribute to meeting the SLAs and KPIs as applicable for the account and unit - for example, responsiveness, resolution, software quality SLAs, etc. Ensures that assigned tasks are completed on time and that delivery timelines are met in accordance with the quality targets of the organization.
- Onboarding & Knowledge Sharing - Onboards new employees and trains them on processes and knowledge sharing with team members. Takes active role in team building, including technical mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Communication - Communicates with internal/external customers to enhance the understanding of customer problems, and verifies that an appropriate resolution has been applied.
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computers or equivalents
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Unix experience (Solaris/HP-UX/AIX)
- Windows application experience
- Middleware experience (Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss)
- Webservices experience
- Shell Scripting
- Application Troubleshooting experience
- Trouble Ticket Management
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to understand and grasp system flows
- Attend to triage calls and ability to work under pressure during outages/extended hours as needed
- Flexible work hours to provide release support as needed(especially on weekends)
Why you will love this job:
- You will gain valuable experience and wide knowledge of Software integrative systems
- You will have the opportunity to be exposed to advanced market technologies
- You will work with multi channels and divers area of expertise