Amdocs somos una empresa del giro de IT, enfocada al giro de telecomunicaciones, con 35 años en el mercado, presencia a nivel internacional en diferentes países como Estados Unidos, Canadá, China, Israel, India, España, Brazil, Chile, etc., con mas de 25,000 empleados alrededor del mundo y mas de 500 en México.
Actualmente estamos buscando un: Solution Architect
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Creates the high-level design and dictates technical standards including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. Makes cross-component design decisions. Defines the technical design, examines new technologies, initiates and performs complex programming tasks (proof of concept), and defines technical components. In charge of the architectural roadmap. Provides architecture solutions during the software development lifecycle. Performs complex software engineering tasks.
What will your job look like?
- Expertise - Has full autonomy to deliver agreed technical objectives. Makes decisions requiring extensive analysis and interpretation, including a number of intangible factors. Provides technical expertise in terms of software usage, and functional and non-functional aspects (such as operability, performance, aesthetics, resilience, reuse, maintainability, comprehensibility, economic, and technological tradeoffs).
- Design - Works with software engineers and other architects to define and refine the product structure to align with the business, development, deployment, and maintenance needs. Works with customers and product line management to identify, refine, and translate customer needs into concrete technical requirements. Understands and plans for architecture evolution including integration of new software technologies. Takes accountability for product and application architecture. Supports and leads architectural decisions and tasks within a product line or across multiple product lines (cross-portfolio).
- Leadership/Professional Guidance - Works with the software engineering teams to establish best practice guidelines and reusable and production-ready solutions. Leads projects, reviews technical designs, and provides guidance to software engineers on technical and architectural design decisions. Is an ambassador for the architecture, ensuring that it is being implemented correctly. Gives feedback and inputs to the product management team to consider and improve the product line. Leadership is focused on the technical aspects of the job, rather than the people management aspects.
- Standards and Best Practices - Researches, evaluates, and prototypes new methodologies, technologies, and products. Provides leadership in the use of processes and tools. Proposes and follows through with improvements in processes and tools. Ensures effective application of corporate standards and procedures. Proposes improvements, and tracks and provides updates about pertinent technology trends.
- Customer Engagement - Obtains a good understanding of the customer context while making technical decisions and choices. Interacts effectively with customers as required. Provides the development or support team with inputs and requirements related to the technical aspects of the solution/product.
All you need is...
- Degree in Computer Science or Industrial Engineering & Management - Information Systems.
- 5-9 years of proven experience in defining customer requirements and solutions and project implementation.
- Oracle DB, .Net, shell Scripting, S+
- Experienced in building complex applications or products; taking into account various technical considerations.
- Demonstrated technical domain expertise.
- Experience in presenting ideas, influencing, and building consensus in a group setting.
- Must speak English
- Wide knowledge of relevant products and end-to-end Business process.
- Knowledge of telecom industry, relevant technical architecture, and industry standards.
- Experience in leading team in cross- domain solution within the organization.
Why you will love this job:
- You will expose to the ‘under the hood’ of the telecom industry business
- You will join the Amdocs Solution Architects community and participate in the community events, data sharing and professional path.