We are a startup with headquarters in San Diego, CA. Offices in Miami & Mexico and clients from all over the world. Where now we have an opening for an experienced backend developer with creative ideas; If you love well-maintained code and collaborative environments where you can innovate, read on.
We are looking to create and grow an amazing in-house development team that will help us realize our business ideas and vision the greatest way possible, for many years to come.
Job description and Role
This is a hands-on role that will take our services to a new level of excellence. You will ensure the readiness of our backend services and related projects and initiatives, for instance:
- Building new components
- Maintain and develop our APIs
- Solve complex problems
- Integrating new technologies
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic and the definition and maintenance of our code. You will ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end, taking into account scalability and peak traffic. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your colleagues into the application so a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
You and your new team will build, maintain and support all of our existing sites throughout the product lifecycle, including implementing functional enhancements, solving issues and maintaining a clean codebase with great documentation. Your playground will consist of a Vagrant environment running Ubuntu (LAMP), the main project is based on Laravel 5.5 and Vue 2.5.
The new team member will work closely with Product Owners, Solutions Architect, backend team and front-end team developers following an Agile/Scrum methodology. As a plus, you can get IT and DevOps experience in the AWS cloud.
- Professional experience with PHP
- Experience with frameworks like Laravel (or alike)
- In-depth and hands-on experience with web technologies including VueJS , HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, AJAX, XML, JSON
- Comfortable working and developing REST APIs and relevant technologies
- Strong understanding of OOP
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL
- Strong experience using/implementing third-party services
- Good understanding of composer and npm package managers
- Conversational level of English language
Nice to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related field and at least 4 years of professional experience building backend/e-commerce sites with demonstrated success
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Relevant Wordpress experience
- Comfortable working with JIRA
- Understanding of accessibility, security compliance, and the OWASP security principles
- Experience in testing and continuous integration
Why work for DevPros?
- You will work in a very positive environment with helpful colleagues
- An attractive salary
- Opportunity to make an impact on our clients/customers from day 1
- Healthy work/life balance (Gym membership)
- Office location in the heart of Guadalajara (Zona financiera Providencia )
- Young, growing and profitable company
- International working environment
- Friday lunch is on us