If you're interested in working with extraordinary people and real professionals in one of the largest IT Service Companies, join Luxoft (8000+ employees around the world), http://www.luxoft.com. We are looking for a candidate for one of our clients - Hotwire. As a travel provider laser-focused on low prices, we're growing faster than ever. At Hotwire, we mix creativity, analytics, and a casual (albeit driven) environment in order to get new products and services to market quickly. For more information, visit the company website http://www.hotwire.com/. Hotwire is an operating company of Expedia, Inc.
• Work closely with product owners, business analysts, managers and your product team to understand the product requirements and use cases in order to deliver high quality software on schedule for production releases.
• Fully own your role as a senior SDET. We highly value strong QA role ownership, and are looking for someone to not only advocate for QA within the product team, but also evangelize the best practices that have made QA successful.
• Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system.
• We release to production every two weeks, so regression is never far away, your ability to quickly automate your sprint work in a logical manner will be key.
• Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications.
• Conduct research on emerging technologies and help implement.
• Train and mentor other team members.
• Help define, promote, and ensure adherence to quality assurance processes such as test plan reviews, defect management, risk/complexity analysis, and regression test maintenance.
• Interface with 3rd parties on requirements, testing, and problem troubleshooting, as needed.
• Perform tasks within area of specialization with little to no supervision.
• Be responsible for following through and making sure defects are reported and escalated appropriately.
• BS degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience, including software development and/or test automation experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Java
• AngularJS testing experience (i.e. Protractor).
• Previous mobile testing experience (Web app and native iOS/Android apps. Phones/Tablets)
• API Testing/Automation experience
• Experience testing database driven applications including data validation using SQL.
• Solid understanding of common SWQA and SW development processes and methodologies - especially with working in an Agile environment with continuous integration/continuous delivery best practices.
• Strong analytical skills in assessing user, functional, and technical requirements and documentation and identifying high risk and key test areas.
• Strong problem solving and investigative skills, with the drive to get to the root of the problem.
• Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment.
• Some level of UNIX and/or Linux command line experience.
• GUI test automation experience (i.e. Selenium WebDriver using Java, Cucumber and Behavior-driven Development (BDD)).
• Demonstrated history of working with minimal direction, balancing and prioritizing activities to ensure critical items are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Genuine enjoyment of SWQA/SDET work.
Additional Desired Knowledge Includes:
• Knowledge of Apache Tomcat
• Knowledge Oracle databases
• Knowledge of the Travel industry
• Unit and Integration testing experience